Hello again Planet Python! Here’s what I have been up to!
I noticed last week that I wasn’t on Planet Python anymore. I have no idea why, or when, I got removed. Possibly I had the planet pointing to a feed that disappeared in a wordpress.com update or something. I’m sure nobody knows.
But, now I’m supposed to be back (thanks Michael), so this post is both a test, and an update of what I have been doing. Because as far as I know, I could have been gone for years. That sure taught me to check from time to time…
So what have I been doing the last few years?
- I moved to Krakow, Poland mainly because I needed a bigger apartment since I got a daughter in 2010.
- I wrote a book, published it as a paper copy, and then made it all available for free online.
I’m thinking of making a second edition, Python 3.3 deserves it, but it’s a lot of work that I make exactly zero profit from so it it kinda low priority.
- I’ve created a blog software for Plone and
- A python package quality tester and
- A module that will find out your computers local timezone. Yup, even on windows.
- I also made a speaker console for impress.js, making awesome presentations possible with notes.
If any of my talks get accepted for PyCon US 2013 I’ll make a Landslide template that outputs impress.js, so that you can make ultra-cool sliding-zooming presentations in restructured text!
- I made loads of presentations, the best ones are the one Python 3, the one on calendaring (not easily available online) and one on intellectual properties, which I also made into a series of YouTube videos.
I am also looking for work.