Porting to Python 3: The book is available!
After a lot of work, and several delays, the book is finally done, approved and available! You can buy it from it’s page on CreateSpace.
The book covers
- Migration strategies
- Preparing for Python 3
- Porting with 2to3
- Common migration problems
- Improving your code with modern idioms
- Supporting Python 2 and Python 3 without 2to3 conversion
- Migrating C extensions
- Extending 2to3 with your own fixers
- Language differences and workarounds
- Reorganizations and renamings
And it has a foreword by Python guru Brett Cannon!
It’s published on CreateSpace, which is owned by Amazon, so it will be available on Amazon as well in the near future, but if you buy it from Amazon, they charge me twice, so it’s better if you buy it directly from CreateSpace. CreateSpace has in general worked well, and I intend to write a blog post of the self-publishing experience in the near future.