Catching up on Teh Bloggin’.
I’ve been in Stockholm and working on a project for two weeks, and haven’t had time to blog. Here is some things that happened in the meantime:
- YouTube rickrolling everybody was the funniest April Fools joke.
- I discovered that nobody is buying CD’s in shops anymore, when I tried to get some Swedish artists not available in France (Bergman Rock, Detektivbyrån)
- I started on a cool secret project with Johan Carlsson. Clue, it’s called pir3, because the volume of a sphere is 4/3 of Pi R cubed.
- Google App Server is awesome, and again, it’s Python. Python is taking over the world. Really.
- The course in advanced development practices didn’t gather much interest, so we are dropping it.
- I’ve started collective.notification, a module for having user notifications on site instead of by email. Usable with all types of subscription type tools.
- The Plone Conference will be in Washington this year. I’m not happy about that, because going to the states costs three times as much and takes three times as long as going within Europe. I’m not expecting to go, I’ve already been to the states twice this year, my allocation of money and time to go to conferences is running out. I’ll probably go to some sprint in Europe instead.
That’s it, I think.