Dateable 0.1.0 released
Dateable is an attempt to create a modular, extensible calendaring support with a wide feature set for Plone, using Zope 3 technologies. The Dateable project was started by Tom “Spanky” Kapanka the the Snow Sprint 2007.
Dateable 0.1.0 is the first release, done because we have reached the first milestone: A full set of useable calendaring views. There is a day view, a week view, a month view, an upcoming events list and a past event list, all looking fantastic thanks to the design of Calvin Hendryx-Parker. It also support iCalendar thanks to the Calendaring product.
Dateable 0.1.0 is available for download or checkout here: http://plone.org/products/dateable/releases/0.1.0
Planned future developments are:
- Reorganisation and cleanup of the interfaces for easier extension.
- Plone 3.0 support.
- Finalizing p4a.ploneevent, which will bring recurrent event support to Dateable.
- Eggifying the iCalendar support, and basing it on the Kalends interfaces.
- Separating any Zope2/Plone dependencies support from Chronos, making the Chronos views useable in Zope 3.
- Supporting the filter viewlets of Plone4ArtistsCalendar, to make Dateable a full-featured replacement for the current views in Plone4ArtistsCalendar.
- More documentation.
- More tests.